BUILD REHABILITATION INDUSTRIES CELEBRATES 50 YEARS OF DISABILITY SERVICE EXCELLENCE
Over the last 50 years, Build Rehabilitation Industries has assisted over 9,000 developmentally disabled clients by enabling them to engage in meaningful employment and other development and enrichment programs.
A nationally recognized mental health program turned vocational program, Build Rehabilitation Industries has assisted the developmentally disabled in their pursuit for employment and a more independent life since 1967. For the last 30 years, Matthew Lynch has led Build Rehabilitation Industries and has grown the organization to include a portfolio of best-in-class programs offered in Sylmar, Chatsworth, San Fernando and Burbank. These programs give our disabled clients choices and allow us to provide services that fit their changing needs.
- Through the Supported Employment Program, Build has placed disabled clients in jobs with Fortune 500 companies and leading employers in the Los Angeles area.
- The Build Work Activity program currently offer employment to over 100 people and teaches skills that are transferable to outside employers.
- Options is a behavioral program for clients with behavioral challenges designed to improve their social and/or vocational development.
- The Build Independent Living Skills program enhances the independence of our developmentally disabled clients by training them on everyday skills that allow them to live in an environment of their choice.
- Build Entrepreneurial Services creates employment opportunities developed around the abilities of our disabled clients.
- Excellence in the area of employment has enabled Build to expand operations to include the management of the West Valley Work Source Center. The Build West Valley WorkSource Center is federally funded through the City of Los Angeles Workforce Development Board. As a result of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act, the Center provides no cost business services and resources for individual seeking jobs and employers seeking quality candidates
Build shows no signs of aging or slowing down. In fact, Build plans to launch new programs on a consistent basis. Some of the new innovations that have launched this year include the Build eBay Program and Build Club. The Build eBay program employs three developmentally disabled clients and a job coach. This active team operates an eBay store including all aspects of the business, ranging from posting items for sale, packaging, fulfillment and shipping. The Build Club is a program where clients will learn skills ranging from social skills, personal finance and how to succeed in employment.
“We are proud that we have been able to serve the community for 50 years. We will celebrate this success at our annual Holiday Party and plan to continue to serve the San Fernando Valley and surrounding areas for a long time to come. We will always find every opportunity to best assist our clients.” Matt Lynch, the CEO of Build Rehabilitation Industries since 1987.