In recent months, there has been a trend that has seen companies turning to reusable packaging options more and more in order to reduce their waste while maintaining a cost-effective business model.
What is Reusable Packaging?
Reusable packaging options can refer to two types of packaging:
- A container/pallet that can be reused at least 3 times to transport or contain the same products, parts or goods
- During the lifecycle of the packaging, it can be repeatedly reused, inspected and returned
While many companies are stuck with high costs (in packaging materials and shipping), advances in reusable packaging are helping companies save time and money like never before.
Reusable packaging allows companies to use more efficient shipping methods due to the packaging being more durable and doing a better job of protecting the goods inside.
Switching to reusable packaging can help:
- Reduce the risks of damaged or lost goods
- Packaging is easier to load and can be loaded more efficiently which reduces shipping costs
Packaging that is made to be reused is typically made from more durable materials and can also perform better when dealing with:
- Other environmental factors
Time, Waste and Cost Effective
More and more brands like Nestle, Proctor & Gamble and PepsiCo are committing to reusable packaging for their products, setting an example that will hopefully continue to help reduce waste at a greater level.
Build Rehabilitation, which is located in Los Angeles, offers specialized packaging services to a variety of different businesses in the industry. With 200 disabled workers and 50,000 square feet available, we have space and the manpower required to service all of our clients and their custom packaging needs.